- President– John Lonero
- 1st Vice President– Robert Adamo
- 2nd Vice President– Mike Fazzio
- Treasurer– Michael Zambito
- Recording Secretary– Adam Gragnani
- Sergeant At Arms– Sean Clark
- Orator– Dom Miggliazza
- Immediate Past President– Lou Amato
- James Torsiello
- John Gangone,
- Joe Jannarone Jr
- Joseph Plescia,
- Vincent Ferrara (In Memoriam)
- Scholarship– Mike DePierro
- Food/Special Events– Lou Amato
- Fundraising/ Philanthropic– Joe Jannarone Jr
- Social Events– Jim Torsiello
- Golf– Jim Torsiello, Bob Wilhame, Dom Miggliazza
- Member Events– Lou Amato
Sons Of Italy News:
Thank you for all who attended the meeting this past Wednesday. It was great to finally be able to be with everyone.
I want to congratulate all the newly inducted officers:
- President- John Lonero
- 1st Vice President- Robert Adamo
- 2nd Vice President- Mike Fazzio
- Treasurer- Michael Zambito
- Recording Secretary- Adam Gragnani
- Sergeant At Arms- Sean Clark
- Orator- Dom Miggliazza
- Immediate Past President- Lou Amato
- Trustees- Jim Torsiello, John Gangone, Joe Jannarone Jr, Joseph Plescia, Vincent Ferrara (In Memoriam)
It’s been an honor being president for the past 2+ years, taking over for Joe. I know John will be an excellent leader of the lodge and by continuing the trend of electing new officers every two years we will help to build a better, more sustainable lodge.
We also have the heads of our committee named:
- Scholarship- Mike DePierro
- Food/Special Events- Lou Amato
- Fundraising/ Philanthropic- Joe Jannarone Jr
- Social Events- Jim Torsiello
- Golf- Jim Torsiello, Bob Wilhame, Dom Miggliazza
- Member Events- Lou Amato
We’ll look to have meetings each month for the remainder of the year with a potential holiday gathering in December. Tentative October meeting is 10/28.
If you have any suggestions on meeting or holiday party locations, where we can remain in budget, please email me or John.
- The lodge continues to donate to local families in need. We are in the process of distributing more gift cards this month. Once complete, I’m proud to report the lodge will have donated $3,000 to families in Parsippany, while also supporting some of our local restaurants.
- We have awarded $2,000 in scholarships to 2020 Parsippany/Par Hills Graduates
- Should you have any ideas for fundraisers, please contact Lou Amato @Louis Amato
SONS OF ITALY 4th ANNUAL BEEFSTEAK DINNER (2018 Archive)
October, 2018- Please join the Sons of Italy Morris County Lodge for our 4th annual beefsteak all you can eat dinner. The event is being held at the Bloomingdale Fire Department on Saturday, November 10th, 2018. Address is 97 Hamburg Turnpike, Bloomingdale, NJhttps://parsippanyfocus.com/2019/02/25/son-of-italy-2561-prepares-food-for-par-troy-wrestling-club-fundraiser/
The event will feature the comedy of Mike Morse & Brad Lowery. Cost is $50/pp and includes, salad, potatoes, all you can eat beef. Beer & soda is included with the package. Cash bar is also available. Doors open @ 6:30pm
Please call or text DJ Rocco for ticket purchase @ 201.774. 0943. Alternatively you can register on this website below and mail checks, payable to Sons of Italy Morris County Lodge 2561, and mail to:
Dominick Rocco, 14 Wills Ave, Wayne, NJ 07470
Please note, you MUST pay in advance of the event. Cut off for registration and Payment is Nov 1
All proceeds for the event will go towards support of local charities and families in need, so come support a very worthy cause.
October, 2018– The Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills and Sons of Italy 2561 cordially invites all Parsippany residents to the “First Annual Italian Cultural Festival” to be held on Sunday, October 14 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 59 North Beverwyck Road.
The event includes food trucks, live music and bocce ball. Speak to Sons of Italy members and learn more about our organization at our booth!
September 30, 2018– PARSIPPANY, NJ – The Sons of Italy were out in force at the Parsippany Fall Fest cooking up delicious treats and mingling with Parsippany’s residents.
The Sons of Italy cooked up sausage and peppers sandwiches, italian hot dogs, zeppoles, funnel cakes and more to raise funds for local charities and families. It’s anticipated the event raised over $4,000 in proceeds- 100% which will all go to charity.
Great camaraderie was felt among the Sons of Italy members who helped the all day event. A lot goes into the event, from set up, all day serving, and clean up into the night.
A special thank you to all of those members who contributed to this important fundraiser.
August, 2018– The Morris County Sons of Italy Lodge 2561, in conjunction with the Pine Brook Volunteer Fire Department, is proud to be co sponsors for a fundraiser to support Kyle Gauweiler. Kyle is the 14 year old brother, son, and grandson of the Pine Brook volunteer firefighters family. Kyle recently underwent surgery to remove a cancerous brain tumor. Proceeds will go directly to Kyle to assist with the expenses of treatment to fight his cancer.
The event will be held at the Pine Brook Volunteer Fire Dept, Station 1, 47 Bloomfield Ave in Pine Brook on Saturday, October 13th, 2018 from 4:30- 9pm. The cost is $15/per adult, $10/ per child (5-12 yrs) and free for children 4 and under.
The menu of Sons of Italy cooked pasta and meatballs, will be sure to please all pallets attending. If you have any questions or would like to send a donation, or donate an item for the silent auction that will take place, please contact Chief Jim Schmitt @ 973.809.4324, or email @firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations can also be mailed to the Pine Brook Fire Dept, PO Box 204, Pine Brook, NJ 07058
June, 2018– The Morris County Sons of Italy Lodge will be sponsoring their annual golf outing on July 12th at the Knoll Country Club at 12:30pm. There are 125 golfers registered to attend and this years event promises to be a great one as always. Lunch and dinner will be served and golfers will be treated to many great prizes after 18 holes of golf.
All proceeds from the event will be donated to local charities and families in need. The cost is $160 per golfer. Additionally, we are always in need of and greatly appreciate hole sponsors for the event. If you’d like to sponsor a hole for $100, the Sons of Italy will post a sign on one of the 18 holes on the course with a display to be chosen by you. If you’re interested in learning more information, please contact Jim Torsiello @973.941.5654.