At a local level, The Morris County Sons of Italy Lodge provides scholarships to worthy students at Parsippany High School and Parsippany Hills High School each year. Scholarships are awarded based on students scholastic achievement, school activity and community leadership. Strong consideration is given to students who demonstrate an interest in the Italian culture through their academic and community experiences.
2020 Morris County lodge and state Sons of Italy scholarships are available now. Deadlines as follows:
- Morris County Lodge- April 1
- Order Sons of Italy New Jersey State- Feb 28
- Sons of Italy Community for Social Justice Scholarship (CSJ) (link below) is 1:00pm,
National Leadership Grants – General Information
Through the Sons of Italy Foundation® (SIF), and hundreds of thousands of family members located in all fifty states and the District of Columbia, the Order Sons and Daughters of Italy in America® (OSDIA) has awarded nearly $61 million in scholarships to date. In past years, the SIF has offered 10 to 12 merit-based scholarships (National Leadership Grants), ranging from $4,000 to $25,000 in a nationwide competition. These figures and the number of scholarships may vary according to funding each year.
General Eligibility: U.S. citizens of Italian descent (at least one Italian or Italian-American grandparent) enrolled in a four year undergraduate program or a graduate program at an accredited academic institution for the Fall 2020 term.
Previous SIF scholarship winners are not eligible. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to specific scholarships.
General Requirements: Please see each scholarship description for its specific requirements. The following general requirements apply to all scholarships:
– Online application: All requirements must be uploaded to the online application for each scholarship.
– Transcripts: For each scholarship, transcripts provided must be through the December 2019 term. All transcripts must be stamped by the institution.
– Processing Fee: A $35 non-refundable processing fee is required with each scholarship application. The fee includes a one-year At-Large Membership to OSDIA, with all At-Large Membership benefits.
Deadline: The deadline for all scholarships (unless otherwise noted) is February 28, 2020. All requirements for a given scholarship must be met or the application will not be considered. All scholarship materials and completed applications must be submitted online by February 28, 2020.
2020 Morris County Lodge Scholarships are available here: